Value of award: £300
The aim of this prize is to reward original recently completed clinical research in the field of paediatric dentistry and is sponsored by GSK Plc.
This prize is open to BSPD members and seeks entries from researchers who are not yet established in their field. Therefore, in cases where the applicant has undertaken a PhD, he/she should not be more than one-year post-doctorate. Researchers with laboratory-based studies or systematic reviews should consider the poster prize.
Submission and judging:
Entry is by submitting an abstract via the conference abstract submission portal which usually opens in Autumn of the year preceding the conference with a deadline of 31st March of the conference year.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
• Title of the abstract (word limit is 12)
• Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author and co-author(s)
• Abstract text to include the following (word limit is 250, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations):
- Name of any funding body, if applicable
• Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
• Upload Mentor letter if undergraduate prize entrant
Abstracts will initially be appraised by the Conference Abstract and Prize Committee (CAPC) (mark sheet) and up to six entries, which best meet the entry criteria and standards, will be invited to present orally at the annual scientific meeting (mark sheet). Applicants who are not selected for this prize will be invited to present their work in the non-prize poster category at the conference.
The finalist oral presentations will be 10 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers.
Finalists’ abstracts will be published by Wiley in The International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry.