Value of award: £300
Aim of prize:
The aim of this prize is to reward recently completed high quality clinical governance or quality improvement projects and is sponsored by the Consultants in Paediatric Dentistry Group.
This prize is open to BSPD members and seeks entries from non-consultant grade (or equivalent) clinicians. Projects submitted under this category must demonstrate the key aspects of an area of clinical governance – this includes clinical audit, service evaluations, patient safety and patient experience.
Submission and judging:
Entry is by submitting an abstract via the conference abstract submission portal which usually opens in Autumn of the year preceding the conference with a deadline of 31st March of the conference year.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
• Title of the abstract (word limit is 12)
• Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author and co-author(s)
• Abstract text to include the following (word limit is 250, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations):
- Standards (if audit) or Objectives
- Discussion/Recommendations/action plan (as appropriate)
- Name of any funding body, if applicable
• Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
• Upload Mentor letter if undergraduate prize entrant
Abstracts will initially be appraised by the Conference Abstract and Prize Committee (CAPC) (mark sheet) and up to six entries, which best meet the entry criteria and standards, will be invited to present orally at the annual scientific meeting (mark sheet). Applicants who are not selected for this prize will be invited to present their work in the non-prize poster category at the conference.
The finalist oral presentations will be 10 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers.
Finalists’ abstracts will be published by Wiley in The International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry.