Value of award: £300
Aim of prize:
The aim of this prize is to reward recently completed clinical care for a child which is complex, novel or multidisciplinary treatments and is sponsored by RA Medical.
This prize is open to BSPD members and seeks entries from non-consultant grade (or equivalent) clinicians. Clinical cases should demonstrate complex, novel or multidisciplinary treatments provided for a child and should satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- Involve any advanced restorative, prosthetic, periodontal, surgical or orthodontic treatments
- Involve a multidisciplinary input to treatment planning and provision of care
- Involve short and, ideally, long term management of complex trauma cases
- Involve short and, ideally, long term management of patients with dental anomalies
- Involve comprehensive treatment provision for patients with significant medical histories
- Involve diagnostic and treatment approaches for patients presenting with rare or unusual oral pathology
It is expected that presenters will have personally performed some of the treatment, not just undertaken a diagnostic work up, for the patient they present.
Submission and judging:
Entry is by submitting an abstract via the conference abstract submission portal which usually opens in Autumn of the year preceding the conference with a deadline of 31st March of the conference year.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
• Title of the abstract (word limit is 12)
• Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author and co-author(s)
• Abstract text to include the following (word limit is 250, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations):
- Presenting problem
- Clinical management
- Name of any funding body, if applicable
• Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
• Upload Mentor letter if undergraduate prize entrant
Abstracts will initially be appraised by the Conference Abstract and Prize Committee (CAPC) (mark sheet) and up to six entries, which best meet the entry criteria and standards, will be invited to present orally at the annual scientific meeting (mark sheet). Applicants who are not selected for this prize will be invited to present their work in the non-prize poster category at the conference.
The finalist oral presentations will be 10 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers.
Finalists’ abstracts will be published by Wiley in The International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry.